This is a post to screen-shot and save for ever. Everyone close to me knows of my long-time love for the Gap Clearance Center in Hebron, KY. This is where I found Jack Rogers for $4.99, two Valentino dresses, Hunter boots, Nu-bras, and many, many more amazing shopping finds. Despite all these finds, many people I know are overwhelmed at the thought of actually shopping there, much less doing it. So here are the 10 things you need to know to shop the Gap Clearance Center like a professional stylist:
1. It is located off the 275 W, 2nd Hebron exit. Bear to your right and it is one mile ahead on your left.
2. Carry only what you need in: credit card and keys. You will need both hands to shop.
3. Stay to the perimeter. Too many people get mired in the middle where shirts and pants are located and lose steam for the good stuff. Along the perimeter you will find Athleta and Piperlime merchandise, outerwear, shoes, maternity, jewelry, and many other fabulous misc. items (like wooden hangers for .50)!
4. Your first stop should always be to see what is behind the counter. This is where HIGH-END Piperlime clothes are, designer sunglasses, and jewelry.
5. You have to bring the high-end Piperlime clothes back to this area, so try them on first. You are not allowed to have these items restocked with the rest of your general population items.
6. If you are unsure about something, put it on your cart anyway. If you hesitate, someone will get your find. Don't ask me about the Sea Bag...an incredibly amateur mistake on my part.
7. Get a cart. You will not be able to hold everything.
8. Don't worry about price or the inability to return. It's $20 for goodness sake!
9. Bring a friend who won't chit-chat or slow you down, but will be willing to watch your cart while you are in the dressing room. Carts are not allowed in.
10. Practice good shopper karma and give things that don't work for you to other shoppers. You will be rewarded in shopping heaven.
**Never waste time in bathing suits. For some reason, the tops and bottoms never, ever match up...keep moving along!
***Never give up on an good item just for a broken zipper-this is a $10 fix at the tailor.